Saturday, November 13, 2010

My First Personal Post + Verse






















Well this is new for me. I'm very secretive protective of my music; I don't can't just let anyone hear it. It's very special to me. I don't want to release anything until I feel it's as perfect and complete as possible. Most of the music I post on here comes from established artists, including my favorites "the J's" (SC, Cole, Elec.), 'Ye, and others. I can humbly say I'm not there yet; but I'm working and Lord willing, one day I'll be where I want to be.

I said all that to say this: I've realized I need to let people see something. I guard all my material like my life depends on it but I recently had an epiphany when I posed this question to myself: "how can people become interested in your music if they never hear it?" Obviously, the answer was they couldn't.

So, with that being said, here's a verse I wrote Wednesday afternoon this past week. Let me know what you think. in the comments section. If you actually took the time to read all of this (or even visited the blog for that matter) thank you, I really appreciate it. I'll probably start doing this regularly so get used to it. Enjoy and once again, thanks.

-K   

P.S. Shout out to my homie Modi for making me step my blogging game up with more personal posts. 

While yall wanna get laid, momma told me get paid,
Ain't no money waiting on me in between no legs,
There's paper out here to be made and the time's keep changing
But jobs ain't paying and these souls need saving
Now I'm slaving--I can't tell a bum from a nun
They all beggin--and crumbs don't easily come
Kids need raising--'cause most emotionally numb,
Forced to grow up too fast and don't know how to be young,
So how did all this become? Don't know where it begun,
Wonder-un if we content being dumb having fun
Maannn-I'm done, consider this a tale of the slums,
Where even old ladies, war ready, holding they guns
But nah, yall don't hear me The problem? It's hard to fight it
The world is on auto-pilot and I ain't claiming I'm righteous
Just looking toward the future but don't call me a psychic,
Take the world as I see it and write it then recite don't bite it

No comments:

Post a Comment