Thursday, May 19, 2011

Throwback Thursdays: Kanye West Feat. Twista & Jaime Foxx "Slow Jamz"



Was just playing Def Jam Rap Star on the Wii and stumbled across this video (I couldn't rap Twista part; even with the words Haha). I vividly remember this coming out in late 2003 and it's still incredible to me.

Everything about this song and video was perfect to me; the concept, the beat, the verses, the flows, the harmony...the girls...everything! Haha

After this song, things would never be the same for Kanye. In part because of this record, 'Ye really blew up and mainstream fans started checking for him. I admire what Ye's become but I still love how everything started. This is for all the supporters who were on him way back, before this record and for the ones who came on board after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment