Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Is Love?


Press play and began reading



http://tvland.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/bill_cosby_show/photos/cosbyshow_touchofwonder_12.jpg?width=306&height=320

One day, after a conversation with a good friend, I found myself wondering what love was and what it encompasses; this is what I came up. Is it simplistic? Yes. That's the way it came out (forgive me in advance if it doesn't suit your fancy) but sometimes that's how love is. 

Anyways, since I couldn't possibly come up with everything love is in one sitting (or probably ever for that matter), I'll be writing new versions of this from time to time as the thoughts and ideas come to me in an attempt to figure out what love really is.

Whether or not I'll continue to share remains to be seen. We'll see how this first one goes. Honestly I wasn't going to post this but two of my friends urged me too and SB's feedback was the icing on the cake; So, with all that being said I hope yall enjoy. Feel free to leave comments on yours thoughts and let me know what love means to you.

Much love,


-K

What....is....love?
Love can hurt, love can heal
Love can empty, love can fill
Love is why I hate to fight
Love is what keeps me up at night
Love is truly plain to see
Love is you being here with me
Love is every time I call
And there to cushion when you fall
Love is your style, and your smile
Love is me caught up all the while
Love is even though I know I'm scared
Seeing what we share and staying there
Love is me, love is you
Love is every single thing we do
Love is us two, tried and true
Facing obstacles and breaking through
Love hates being far away
Love is leaving but wanting to stay
Love is real, love is work
Love is your exponential worth
Love is waking, thinking of you first
And me being thankful for your birth
Love is involved, love can free
For you, loves what I want to be
Love is limitless, wider than any sea
Love is finding common ground when we disagree
Love puts all (your) worries at ease
After thinking of you it's the feeling in my knees
Love is getting to know you and taking time
Love is what one day I hope we find
Love is in the air, it's how I stare
And running my fingers through your hair
It's over thinking what to wear
Then rushing to you with no time to spare
Love is Phil and Vivian, Cliff and Claire
Love is exactly why I care
Love ain't what I want it's what I need
Love heats my body a few degrees
Love alters the very way I breathe....
When I look at you, love is what.....I....see

1 comment:

  1. Love is wanting you to stay
    Love is accepting if you wanna go your way
    Love is tears, love is hate
    Love is the reason I am willing to wait
    Love is silent, love can make a mind stray
    Love is calling you not having anything to say
    Love is holding my pillow thinking of you at night
    And wishing that when I wake up it was you I was holding tight
    Love is the heat that your body brings
    Love is the beat our hearts make as they sing
    Love is asking for nothing more than love back
    Love is working on staying on track
    Love requires the two to be strong
    Without giving up with an unfinished song
    Love is wanting to hate you but I can't
    Love is wishing you the best wherever you stand.

    ReplyDelete