Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FMW: J. Cole + Dead Presidents


 Cole talks about "Dead Presidents II" serving it's purpose and potentially writing to it again for a third installment. Anyone who really knows me or sees me regularly is bound to hear spitting either of those DP II verses. I like Cole's first go at DP (and as Steve explained, it showed his hunger) but the second one is my favorite because it displayed how much he had grown as an artist from his lyrics to his flow; it showed his growth.

As I've said in the past, "Dead Presidents" is one of my favorite beats of all-time, if not my outright favorite. I've written to it several times. Maybe yall will get to hear that one day. But enough about me, what's your favorite J. Cole version of Dead Presidents (I or II,) and why? Both songs are listed below. Let me know what your opinions are in the comments section.

"Dead Presidents"

"Dead Presidents II"


Props: JCF
 

No comments:

Post a Comment