Friday, February 26, 2010

Omen Feat. Elite: "Holy Omen"


Omen "Holy Omen" Feat. Elite Music Video Directed by Impakt Studio's Chris & Blaq from IMPAKT STUDIO/Chris & Blaq on Vimeo.

I meant to put this up yesterday but time wouldn't permit it. Better late than never though right?

Omen's videos just keep getting better. This is video for "Holy Omen" which is off "Delayed". Check out Elite stepping away from the computer to get on the mic. Here's what he had to say about working with Omen:

I started out as an artist before I was producing. Once I got into making beats I would only write rhymes once in a while. After recording a warm up freestyle, I hit up Omen asking if he wanted to do a song. He was on a roll at the time, sending me tons of music and I wanted to latch onto his energy, he was being real productive. He sent me the sample and I did the beat pretty quickly – sent it as a “rough draft” but he really loved it. He was in Chicago and I was in New York, so we both wrote our verses without knowing what the other was writing about. Somehow it came together though. I knew Omen was gonna bring it so I couldn’t slack. The reactions I got were great so it ended up being the first step to my rededication to rapping. I’m currently working on a mixtape as an Artist and I definitely have Omen to thank for giving me the shot to kind of rediscover myself as an MC.
The most rewarding part about working with Omen was that he put confidence in me. As someone who is known primarily as a producer, it’s hard to break that stigma and gain respect as an artist. He is very picky with who he works with, so him allowing me the opportunity to not just produce a track for him but appear as a featured artist as well meant a lot. -Elite

Props to Let's Just Eat Cheese and Shauna Barbosa for the original story.

No comments:

Post a Comment